We at Trace Personnel care about our candidates. We understand the challenges involved with looking for a new role and look to providing advice from writing your resume, to how to present at interview and make a lasting impression.
Our dedicated Candidate Care Manager, Tony Hong, is always available for our candidates for a confidential discussion – no matter what your needs are.
Checklist for an effective interview
- Do you have enough knowledge of the employer? Have you looked at their webite?
- Are you familiar with your resume details?
- Have you reflected on key projects you have worked on/ key tasks/ key achievements?
- Have you read the job description? Do you have questions regarding the role prepared?
- What would you like to know about the company / team / environment / job?
- Have clear in your mind what you are looking for in the role. Try to look past just the salary and more at if the duties, location, culture and career opportunities are in line with what you are looking for
- Try a ‘role-play’ interview with a friend or relative
- Wear a suit regardless of the client’s dress code, It’s better to dress up than down
- Allow plenty of time to get to the interview. Make sure you have the address and are clear with directions the day prior. www.whereis.com.au is a great tool for directions.
- Do not arrive too early. If you more than 10 minutes early, take a walk around the area.
- Turn off your mobile phone before the interview – if you forget and it rings, apologise and turn it off. Never answer it
- If you are a smoker eat some mints before the interview
- Offer your hand when you meet the interviewer, ensuring your handshake is firm and positive
- Don’t sit until invited to do so. If you need to ask: “Would you mind if I moved my chair?”
- Do not remove your jacket without asking if it is ok
- Try to appear relaxed but interested. If you are extremely nervous, politely mention this to the interviewer For example: “I’m a little nervous, I haven’t been to an interview in a while”
- Body language – don’t slouch & do make friendly eye contact
- Avoid being overly friendly and familiar
- Never chew gum, carry food, drink bottles or takeway coffee cups into the interview Answering questions
- Talk frankly, briefly but completely
- Do not provide “text book” responses such as “to contribute as much as I can”, or “there was nothing I didn’t like about my previous role”
- Talk in “I” terms, not “we” about your employment experience.
- Listen carefully, observe, analyse and assess
- Be prepared to provide details of qualifications and past experiences, projects, tasks, etc.
Resume Tips – ResumesforProfessionals
To fast track your corporate career and your salary, you don’t just need be professional, you also need to be professionally presented. A stand out resume can ensure you are the chosen candidate for promotions, pay rises and new positions. An excellent résumé can also make the difference for a recruiter when they are selling you or marketing you to prospective clients even when no job exists!
Trace Personnel and ResumesforProfessionals can turn your current resume into a high impact document that really sells your best asset – YOU!
All the recruiters agree that a structured, up to date and relevant resume will help you reach your career goals. A well written resume is the best tool you can use to get that interview so you can land your dream job.
Whether you are after the next rung on the career ladder, or just starting your corporate career, a standout resume will help make sure you are selected for interview and, more importantly, that you are the winning candidate.
Important Facts About Professional Resumes
- The number one purpose of your resume is to get your first interview
- Most recruiters and managers make a decision about your resume in 30 seconds or less!
- During a tough economic climate recruiters get more applications for each job so an effective resume is essential to ensure you are considered for roles
- Different resume formats can achieve different career results – such as internal promotion, moving from a technical to a management role, acquiring a graduate position or commencing a consulting career
- Successful resumes MUST comply with specific format and content rules
- The first impression employers have about you is made by your resume
- Recruiters avoid reading resumes in PDF format
- Resumes should focus on your future and where you are going in your career, not only your past
Through our experience working in recruitment, we literally see hundreds of resumes that totally miss the mark. The great news is that the team at Trace Personnel have partnered with ResumesforProfessionals who specialise in turning middle of the road resumes into exceptional corporate resumes designed to impress the decision makers that matter.
Are you ready to get your resume up to scratch?
For your convenience and assistance we have structured a 2 tier package designed for you.
- Basic Resume Consulting
- Platinum Resume Consulting – End To End Solution
Tips for a Successful Job Search
Are you, or someone you know, looking for a new role currently?
A few simple steps can put you in the right mind frame and have you in that dream job sooner than you think.
Ensure that you:
- Set regular office hours for yourself
- Create an office space for yourself – clear the clutter and clear your mind!
- Dress for success – dress as though you are going to your dream job
- Set KPI’s for yourself:
- How much time will you spend marketing yourself? Don’t forget to go online – tweet about your job search, update your LinkedIn profile to reflect that you are on the lookout and participate in relevant online discussions to boost your profile
- How many calls are you going to make to prospective employers?
- How many resumes are you going to send out?
- How many possible opportunities are you going to create for yourself through networking meetings and interviews?
- Along with setting your KPI’s, ensure you reward yourself for achieving those KPI’s!
- Keep yourself busy – take part time or contract roles or volunteer – seek ways to help others to keep you in the right frame of mind.
We at Trace are always here to help our candidates. If you, or someone you know, are searching for that perfect role and need advice on how to make this happen be sure to contact us.
If you would like more information on these packages, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org